Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL, etc. leagues?

Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL, etc. leagues?

RJROA
Administrator
Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL or other leagues?
​http://fairnessinottawasoccer.org ​http://ottawa-soccer.blogspot.ca
Jo

Re: Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL, etc. leagues?

Jo
Well they should

It would save a lot of money if the eodsa ran all the leagues

Re: Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL, etc. leagues?

FairnessInOttawaSoccer
Agree 100% if done with a clean slate.  However, it's being done by the same incompetent OPDP-EODSA group who got us into the sinking ship / alphabet soup in the region in the first place (OCRSL, OCFL, ARSO, LSSO, ASG, ASH, OttawaRecSports, LTPD, ERSL, OCSL, EODSA, OYSL, OSA, CSA, SOSA, GLSL, League1, Soccer7s, FootySevens, Coliseum, OSSC, OSP, NCISL, RACentre, City of Ottawa Women's League, OASL, LTOD, OPDL (and now OPDP).

How many passes are they going to get before being booted out and the city puts in competent people?

One city, one region, one league, lots of savings... I concur!

Re: Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL, etc. leagues?

Wayne
EODSA running the indoor that ERSL used to did not reduce costs
Jo

Re: Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL, etc. leagues?

Jo
Why would it?
Over 80% of cost for indoor leagues are field costs set by dome facilities ie there is hardly anything to make efficiencies on

The savings would come on outdoor soccer
Just elimating an outdoor league organization-would immeaduately save
1. Audit cost about $7k per league
2. AGM cost about $2k per league
3. Insurance costs about $3k per league

Once you have done that then start looking at cost savings through efficiencies in staff, office rent etc

Re: Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL, etc. leagues?

FairnessInOttawaSoccer
Agreed 100% again!  And why stop at the leagues?  The same logic should be applied to all clubs, why have 60+ paid presidents under not-for-profit organizations.  I am pretty sure the salary of one of them is more than 3 times of Audit+AGM+Insurance costs put together.  Make them all unpaid volunteer positions!
Jo

Re: Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL, etc. leagues?

Jo
I don't know of a single club president who is paid. I have served on 3 boards of Ottawa soccer clubs and all positions on those boards including the president were and still are volunteer positions.

Re: Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL, etc. leagues?

RJROA
Administrator
Oh?  We are talking about amalgamation? Don't be modest; with your wealth of experience I am sure the public will agree the buck doesn't stop there: offices, real-state, secretaries, GMs, TDs, etc., centralized management of fields, referees, coaches, etc. Someone is getting paid or greased. So much savings! Not to mention competitive prices for parents and players.

On Jan 29, 2018 1:22 PM, "Jo [via Fairness in Ottawa Soccer]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't know of a single club president who is paid. I have served on 3 boards of Ottawa soccer clubs and all positions on those boards including the president were and still are volunteer positions.

To unsubscribe from Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL, etc. leagues?, click here.
NAML

​http://fairnessinottawasoccer.org ​http://ottawa-soccer.blogspot.ca

Re: Is the EODSA forcibly closing/centralizing the ODFL, OFC, OSCL, ERSL, etc. leagues?

FairnessInOttawaSoccer
Some clubs are huge. Some others must have salaries? No?